What You Do In Life, Echoes In Eternity

Saturday, August 23, 2008

The Good Life

I'm starting to think that I am truly blessed. I don't know what I've done to deserve the many good things that have been happening to me lately. Of course with the good comes the bad, but this time...I really am concentrating on the good.
To begin...I just finished the vacation of a lifetime with my family in Paris. At our arrival, we were treated like celebrities. It was so awesome to see my entire family come out to the airport to greet us. And what a welcome it was. My cousins made a huge banner with my name on it hanging over the gate. My cousins also surprised me by throwing me a birthday celebration. It is a moment I could relive forever. It was about the best thing that has ever happened to me. It was such a special moment and I'm glad it was shared with them.
I got to go just outside of Paris to visit my boss and brought along a cousin and I was so greatful that my boss and his wife treated my cousin so well. Well...they treated the both of us so well, but I was more concerned for her since she didn't really know them. But I'm sure she had a very nice time.
Then the tearful goodbye really says it all. It really shows how much we really care about each other.
Arriving back to the states and then back to work, I received a promotion. A grade up in my current position. I was speechless and didn't know what to say. Now the pressure is on!
Then a couple of days just after...I received noticed that I might have an opportunity to take my current direct report's position. Jaw just about dropped at this point. I don't have an answer for this one just yet.
Things just can't be this good for me....really. I'm so confused. I keep wondering what the trade-off will be. What will I have to sacrifice? I don't want to sacrifice anything. I'm perfectly happy the way life is right now.
This is the good life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home