What You Do In Life, Echoes In Eternity

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

BPMS150 Completed!







I know it's been a while since I've last kept in touch, but what can I say....it's been a busy last 2 weeks for me. First it was the MS150 and then just this past weekend I participated in the TX Children's Hospital Charity Softball Tournament that went on all weekend. I'll talk about this tournament in a separate log. I want to use this one to talk about my MS150 experience.
It was a wonderful one! The experience was one that I had never experienced before in my life and I don't think I will ever again. It's just mind blowing knowing how large the event was and how well organized it was. The ppl that I met were great. The ride itself was beautiful and absolutely breathtaking. Again...nothing that I have ever experienced.
Day 1: The ride started off at Dairy Ashford and I-10 at around 7am and I made it to LaGrange at around 6:30pm. I can't believe it took me that long to get in, but I think it's because I spent a lil too much time at the rest stops. There were about 8 rest stops from Houston to LaGrange. I didn't feel too bad when I made it in. I was a lil sore, but nothing more than as if I just played a few games of basketball. Yes my ass was hurting, but whose wouldn't sitting on that tiny bike seat for 11 hours?! But I was sure tired. I had lil to eat and by the time I finished showering and getting ready for bed...it was time for bed. I didn't get to enjoy too much of LaGrange.
Day 2: The ride began around 7:30am, but we were in line for about 1 hour cuz it was so backed up. They were letting rides out in groups to avoid any jams. I arrived in Austin just before 4pm. That finish was absolutely beautiful. You come around a corner and you all of a sudden you see the Finish Line banner with the capital building in the background...and then add ppl standing all along the side railing cheering you on...it just left me speechless. It was great! I was lucky enough to have arrived at the finish line all by myself. There were a few ppl in front of me, but nobody behind me for quite some time, so I let myself fall back a lil so that I could come across that finish line all by myself. It's so awesome to see ppl who don't even know you scream and cheer for you. It was so energizing.
It was a lil sad that none of my friends came out to cheer for me, but my uncle who lives in Austin make it out to cheer me on. That was so awesome of him. My friends who I was riding with weren't at the finish line cheering me on cuz both sides failed to communicate. I forgot to call them to tell them that I was close and they didn't call me in time to find out where I was. They had finish about 2 hours ahead of me. But when I finally made it in to Austin, we had a great lil celebration.
Before leaving back to Houston, we stopped in Spaghetti Warehouse for dinner...a new tradition we are starting. But to my surprise...I was actually feeling fine after completing the ride. No real pain besides my ass, but nothing I couldn't deal with. From how everyone was scaring me, I thought I would have been dead after the ride, but nope!...I almost want to say it was rather easy. But don't get me wrong...it was a lot of effort!
I don't think I'll ever do this again cuz I don't want to ruin my wonderful memory of this event. Now I can say that I've done the MS150!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home