What You Do In Life, Echoes In Eternity

Monday, April 09, 2007

Countdown to the BPMS150 Begins!

2 weeks away! Not this coming weekend, but the very next weekend, my ass will be on a bike for 180 miles over 2 days. I can't wait. I hope the weather will be much better than the way it's been these past few days.
Today we picked up our MS150 packet that included our rider number along with a packet of info for the race and what to expect on that day. Anyhow...blah blah blah. My number is 7502. Not exactly a great number but I'll take it. It's a nice solid number. Well...it really started kicking in that I'm doing this bike ride as I was picking up my packet when I got around to picking up a bandana with the name of the person that I will be riding for. The person is someone living with MS and someone that I have never met before. Her name is Cathy Montgomery. It'll be interesting if I were able to meet her, but I doubt that will happen although I'm suppose to contact her and what not. But the pressure is really on for myself. I really feel compelled to do this ride and to complete it all the way through. I've got people who've donated crazy amount of money on my behalf so I really don't want to let any of them down. I know it's just pressure I put on myself, but maybe I need to do this to push myself to complete this cuz I know it's going to be a very painful experience...at least from what everyone keeps telling me. In my head, things will go smoothly, but at the same time my head also knows what the possibility could be.
As far as contacting my person, I know I will. Just don't know when yet. Maybe this weekend. I just hope it won't be weird.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home