What You Do In Life, Echoes In Eternity

Friday, March 16, 2007

Farewell To The Boss


For the past 2 weeks or so I have been compiling pictures to make a video slideshow as a farewell tribute for my boss. He's actually the section manager of my group. A wonderful man he is. So after many many mistakes between myself and Carlos (my sidekick on this project), we finally got it right just in time for our group party last night that took place at the Time Square Entertainment Center off of 99 and I-10.
We had previously shown the video in an earlier group party of ours, but we had since added to the video to soften up the mood. I was director and editor of this video and with my inital ended, it ended on a very sad note and from the reaction of the previous viewing, Carlos decided to add to the video an ending credit. I thought it was great! The idea made it look just like a real movie. He listed the director, editor, cast (being the team members throughout the years), and Spider production (Carlos thought it was funny to add this since I'm such a huge Spiderman fan) and then ended with a video of a cannon going off. After the viewing of this during last night's party, the reaction was great! Everyone was laughing their azzez off! The video was really good. We presented the video to our boss as a gift to remember us. I even did the artwork for the dvd case. It was really good and many people say it really looks professional and like a real movie.
I really put a lot of sweat into this project. It could have been something simple and cheesy, but that's not how I want my boss to go out. I thought he deserved a great video to tribute him and the group so I put a lot of thought behind everything I did. I spent countless of hours on this. I can't believe it.
But I thought the video was a success. Each scene was done with careful considerations. I wanted certain reactions during each scene and I pretty got it from everyone. Especially the ending before the credits. It was probably the best work have done (in terms of video). I never really did a video before in my life, so from everyone's reaction last night, I know that Carlos and I did a really good job with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home