What You Do In Life, Echoes In Eternity

Thursday, March 01, 2007

High School Reunion

Sometime last week an old buddy from high school called me up to ask if I knew about the 10 year high school reunion. I remembered receiving some email from a girl about it, but I didn’t realize it was coming this July. Well, he updated me with the info, but I really didn’t care to hear it. I was against going to these school event things anyways. It’s just a way for the school to make money. It seems that before my buddy called me, he was talking to another buddy from the days and they betted that I wouldn’t be going since I didn’t even go to prom. Looks like they both won the bet since they both guessed that I wouldn’t be interested. Well, he attempted to convince me to attend, but I wasn’t budging.
I’m not sure if I have any real good reasons for not going. If anything…prom is what I should have gone to. But I was stupid. I turned down about 3 girls, but it was 1 that I really regretted. A very close friend of mine had asked me to be her date for prom…and I wanted to be, but I also wanted to be more than just friends. Because of my fears of losing our friendship…I turned her down and pretty much threw away any chances I may have had to hook up with her. It was one of those situations that I feared most. I’ve seen it too many times where friends hook up and then they break up without ever being friends again. Well, I didn’t want that to happen b/w me and her so I decided to just leave things alone.
Well, getting back to the reunion. I just have nothing to go back for. I’m living for the present and future. I really don’t like to live in the past so going to this reunion would be like doing so. Plus…I think ppl just go back to show off how well they’re doing, or how beautiful they’ve become. I think it’s all for vein reasons. I know most ppl don’t go back for those reasons and that they go back for pure reasons like to see how good old friends are doing. But that’s where my fault lies. I don’t have any old good friends to see. If they were friends…they would have already been in my life up to now. I’m not interested in going back to let everyone know how successful I’ve become. I’d rather keep that to myself. I don’t want to go back to get acceptance from ppl. I only need the acceptance of those that are already an influence in my life. And I don’t want to go back to see old backstabbing friends. That’s probably my biggest selling point. I had shitty friends going through high school. I want to leave them back in high school where I thought I left them. I certainly didn’t want them in my life then…and certainly don’t want them in my life now. Although…it would be nice to rub my success in their faces. But nah…I’m not like that. I’ve grown out of being that immature kid that I once was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home