What You Do In Life, Echoes In Eternity

Sunday, December 31, 2006

The End To A Great 2006!

I have a party to go to in a lil bit, but I wanted to quickly leave a blog to remember 2006. 2006 was everything I wanted and more. I never expected such a wonderful year and now I'm sad to see it ending.
My resolution for the year was to be more selfish (since I'm always putting others before me) and do the things I wanted to do...with or without my friends. I was sick and tired of hanging out with ppl who had no interests in doing what I wanted to do. It was always about what they wanted to do. So this year, I said the heck with them...I'm gonna stop hanging out with them and start doing my own thing. And boy did it favor me.
I changed my entire lifesytle in 2006. I focused on health, fitness and happiness. Actually...it's all like a domino effect. When you're fit, you're healthy. When you're healthy, you're happy. And when you're happy...the world is yours.
2006 gave me a sense of life and how great I have it compared to others who are less fortunate. It also made me realize how big my heart is. I did much more volunteering work than I've ever done. Gave to many more charities than I ever have. It just made me realize that many of the problems I face are so minor compared to others. In realizing this...it just made me more disguisted with some of the ppl I know who blows everything out of proportion and don't realize how minor their problems are. But I guess that's what I would expect from ppl who are spoiled. With that said...I've seriously made an effort to stop complaining just about anything this year.
The biggest thing for me this year was joining the cycling club and started cycling. That opened up a whole new world to me. I still don't like the dress code of cyclists cuz I think the clothes are so gay, but it really does help resist the wind factor. Cycling lead to my volunteering for the BPMS150 and it was there that I met so many wonderful ppl. It also opened my eyes to the impossible. To know that ppl are capable of biking 180 miles blows my mind. That is sheer will power. And all of this is for a good cause. That's humanity. It inspired me so much that I will be doing the ride in the new year. I am going to take my mind and body to a whole new level.
This year also brought me closer to Illenny. Thanks in part to the MS150. We got to spend the entire weekend together and I think that allowed us to bond.
Softball was another great thing in 2006. To be selected by my teammates to represent the team in the all-star game meant a lot to me. And to win that game was awesome. For me it's pretty good considering that this was only the 2nd year I've been playing this game. Then when the team made it to the championship game...that was awesome. We didn't win, but at least we have something to work for next season.
A huge accomplishment was my yearly review at work. I received an Outstanding performance rating for the previous year's work. That's a 4 out of 4. That resulted in a huge 10% raise. As of what I know...none of the other guys have ever received a 4 out of 4 rating. As a company...not many ppl get 4 out of 4, so it was really surprising when I saw my review. We all usually receive a 3 out of 4. So it seems like I'm the first in the group of UH recruits to get this honor. Somehow they all found out and there was no hiding from it. I would have rather kept a low profile, but they all totally blew it out of proportion. Now I have this huge chip on my shoulder to continue to out perform. But that's just my personality anyways. I'm not going to try any less, but it's going to be hard to outperform myself.
I think my personality changed in 2006. I don't remember ever being so happy as I am this year. I was definitely smiling a lot more whenever I was out and about. It was great cuz all the smiling I did got me a lot of looks this year. Even got a few numbers just cuz I gave a girl a smile. I didn't know it was that easy. Shoot...I wish I knew this years ago...I would have smiled a lot more...hahaha. It's amazing cuz i don't even have a nice smile. It's all crooked...hahaha.
I can't forget all the new friends that I've made this year. I think they're all going to be friends for life. Mary tops my list. She's just a world of fun and laughs. I can't say enough about the girl. Then there's Betty. She was someone I thought I'd hate and now I'm torn that she'll be leaving and perhaps never coming back to the states. ***sigh*** what could have been...hahaha.
Well, I've ran out of time. Gotta go start getting dressed for this new year's bash that I really don't want to go to. It's going to be loud and full of drunk ppl. I'd rather spend it at home where there's peace and quiet. I think it would be more fitting to the heckted year that I've had...hahaha.
See you in 2007. Let's hope it's even better!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home