What You Do In Life, Echoes In Eternity

Thursday, February 08, 2007

1 Dribble, 2 Dribble, 3 Dribble, Fall!

Yup...I've still got it. It's been a while, but yesterday was the first time in a long time I played some ball. I played about 3 weeks ago, but that doesn't count cuz it was only a 3 man 21 game. No real competition there. Yesterday...it wasn't much, but we ran a 2 on 2. I played like I was a man with a mission. It's been a rough week at work so I took my anger out on the court a lil bit.
I was totally in control on the court. I scored all night long and had some great set-up plays to my partner for the easy score. I think I enjoyed setting him up for the easy basket more than I did scoring. I had some of the most beautiful passes to him. Man...it was one of my best night assisting.
One play that stood out was when I had the ball at the top of the key. I worked my way up to the freethrow line. My partner was to the right trying to setup a pick for me. I dribbled once. Thought of going with my pick to the right. Hesitated. Second dribble. Saw my defender pulling right. Third dribble...crossover! I had my defender falling back so hard everyone thought he twisted his ankle. Didn't know I still had that in me, but I guess I did. But unfortunately I couldn't finish the play. I was wide open on my way to the basketball and couldn't nail the shot. That happens to me though. Everyone knows that I couldn't make a shot if the basket was in front of my face, but put a defender on me and I'll score from anywhere. Yeah, it's something I gotta work on. But it's still nice to know I still have my crossover working for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home