What You Do In Life, Echoes In Eternity

Friday, February 09, 2007

Outstanding Performance

Another year, another outstanding performance yearly review. I tell ya...I have no where but down to go from here. I just had my 2006 yearly review today and received another outstanding performance rating. That's 2 years in a row now. I didn't understand how I got it for 2005 and probably still a lil confused how I received it again for 2006. Although...I did feel much better about my performance in 2006 than 2005, but from what I hear, it's so difficult to receive an outstanding rating that I'm not believing that I received it again this year. Sure...I'll take it and run with it, but still unsure how it happened.
It's a lil scary to receive such a high rating though. People then expect so much out of you. I just want to do my job and stay low key. As you remember, last year when some of the guys found out...they heckled me for days. I hope they don't find out this year.
But this year will be a completely different story. I'm currently on 3 different projects and since we lost my other half to a different group, I have to pick up his projects. So now I have 6 projects on my shoulders. I don't know how I'm going to handle this. I think this will be a rather rough year for me. My performance will definitely fall on my next performance appraisal. I hope not, but am already anticipating it. But o well...I love my job too much to ever stop working hard. Who cares what my grade will be next year as long as I know that I did all that I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home