What You Do In Life, Echoes In Eternity

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Sad News To Report

My heart is heavy tonight. Sadly I just learned that my MS150 CHAMP had recently passed away after a 30 year battle with MS. I received an email from her husband telling me the sad news. I couldn't believe it as I was reading his email. I really was looking forward to a reply from her cuz I had handwritten a letter to her as oppose to just sending her an email. I thought it would put a smile on her face to receive a handwritten letter, something ppl don't do enough of anymore.
I'm really sadden by this news. I really don't know how to react. Tears are filling my eyes and my nose is starting to stuff. I don't even know this person but it still hurts knowing that she lost the fight to MS. It really changes my outlook in life and for the MS150 ride this weekend. I feel like I've got nothing or nobody to bike for. Nevertheless, I'm still going to bike for her. In her memory and honor. I might cry a lil along the way, but it's all going to be for her now.
But I really do feel alone on this ride. It's sad that I've got very few support from what I call friends. Now I know who are my real friends and who aren't. A friend was suppose to be there for me as I ride in the first day, but she was sent out of the country for business in Spain, so she won't be there. My cousin was suppose to come, but she past me up for Buzz Fest. Yeah...some cousin she is. Now I know where I stand. And now my CHAMP is in a better place so she won't get to see me finish this ride for her. Or maybe she still will...hopefully looking down and pushing me along to finish the ride. Gosh...I really hate these diseases that is so incurable. It really makes me think twice about life and just to live it cuz I am blessed to have the opportunity to do so and be so healthy at the same time.
But my heart is heavy tonight. I better rest up now. I need to let this all set in and not take it so hard. After all...she is without pain now. That will help me sleep some tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home