What You Do In Life, Echoes In Eternity

Monday, August 31, 2009

2009 at the Half

Carlos and I are long gone from our group. He is in Canada while I am still here in Houston, but wishing I was transferred to Paris. So the dreaming continues. But we've gone our separate ways and I can say that the feeling is so different without him here. He was my mentor, my big brother. I learned so much from him and built a work relationship that was suppose to flourish, but he is too far now. But our friendship continues to go strong.
I recently visited him in Calgary with Illenny and Elodie. We had such a wonderful time. He took us up to Banff to enjoy the mountains and glaciers. We were really lucky that the weather was so wonderful. Skies were blue with no cloud in sight. And the mountain tops were filled with snow while down below everything was blooming up green. It was Memorial weekend and things couldn't be more beautiful. We really lucked out!
On to sports...we finally capture the softball championship title after 6 years of saying we would. We finally lived up to the hype! And did so in true champion fashion by winning on the run rule. We just killed the other team. That was our performance throughout the playoff. One thing noticeably missing from the team was Josh. Just a few weeks before, the company laid him off along with many other people. We were pretty lucky the team stayed in tack. He was kind of the sore thumb on the team anyways. His arrogance did him in. Not having him on the team was night and day. The attitude of the team changed for the better. We never hung our heads or pointed fingers. We just kept fighting when we needed to. And in the end...we are the champions!
So I've started my search for a home, but nothing is really catching my eyes. Seems like it might be a while before I find something I like.
After 5 months of French, I think I'm done. I thought I was going to go back this summer, but I'm not feeling like it anymore. I think I've learned enough to hold me over for the time being. I do miss my teacher though...hehe.
No development between Illenny and I still. I know the world is probably holding their breathes about when we will hook up, and to be honest, I'm probably doing the same thing. I just don't think our maturity is at the same level. I think her maturity level is far above mine and I'm sure that is the issue. Either that or I have passed up my chances and should have taken it years ago. It might be too late now.
So with that said...I'll leave things here. Let's see what the next half of the year brings. Hopefully a new home and a girl to go with it. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home