What You Do In Life, Echoes In Eternity

Friday, September 28, 2007

Shake 1, Shake 2, And I'm Gone

It's been a while, but we finally got in a game of football the other day after work. Many were suppose to show up but enough showed up for us to get a good game of 3 on 3. Not bad considering we had a very short field to work with. The game got started with a score from the other team on a deep ball, but then it was my turn. To my surprise...I've still got the speed...although I felt very rusty cuz I couldn't get that burst of speed to kick. I ran a cut to the inside and the ball was coming my way. I grab it and made one cut to get away from my blocker and then made a second cut to get to the outside. I was trying to get away from the second guy and was hoping that my speed would kick in but it never did. I took it easy to the outside to try to out run the guy but he was never able to get to me so I was gone. I ran almost the entire field. Crap!...I was tired after that. But that was it for me. I didn't want to play too well cuz we were playing with some new guys and didn't want to discourage them from coming back to play with us. I wanted to keep the competition fair. Although I made some defensive stops, I didn't fair too well offensively after.
I hope these guys keep coming out. Playing just reminds me how much I love football. I need to get on a flag football league somehow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home