What You Do In Life, Echoes In Eternity

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Rice vs. Texas Tech

Today I went to a Rice vs. Texas Tech football game and tailgating party. It was about the most lopsided game I've ever been to. The game was being played at Rice Stadium so you'd think that there would be more Rice fans than Tech fans, but when we arrived at the stadium for the tailgating party, all we saw was a sea of red. The Red Raider fans were out in full effect and accounted for 3/4 of the stadium. So much for home field advantage for the Owls huh?! At our tailgating party, we had Rice fans and also Tech fans. We all got along pretty well. But it was great. I had a really fun time getting to know everyone. We barbecued, drank, laughed and talked a lot. I wish I would have done more tailgating when I was back in college. It was so much fun. But I guess it also depends on the ppl you're with and who's throwing the party.
There was this man there who bought everything just that morning for this party. He had flown in from somewhere...I want to say N. Carolina...just this morning and quickly went to the store to buy a shit load of food and drinks for this party. He also went and bought brand new coolers and a brand new pit just for this party. Of course there were others that contributed to the party. But this man...I think his name was Tim...bought all this stuff and ended up giving everything away cuz he was flying back home tonight and, obviously, can not bring any of this stuff with him on the plane. I ended up getting one of the cooler filled with leftover food. That was great...now I don't have to go buy a cooler. I've been needing one, but never got around to buying one cuz it's so expensive. So I got a free one today. I would have gotten the pit too, but it wouldn't fit in my car. This man must be a big shot. I can't imagine anyone buying all these stuff and just end up giving them all away. That's amazing.
Well...Rice got their azzez spanked by Tech. And now I'm a lil burnt from being under the sun so long. O well...I got to go to this game for free so I can't complain. I had a really good time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home