What You Do In Life, Echoes In Eternity

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

1st Game of the New Season

This week is the beginning of our company softball season. The first games started yesterday, but those games got canceled cuz the field was still wet from the rain from the day before. Lucky for us, the field was dry enough for us to play today. There are 12 teams this year so the games are spread out on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
Anyhow...the team remained intact as from last year, but there were a couple of new faces. There were 2 new players, 1 guy and 1 girl who are both interns and had just started with the company a couple of days ago. We needed them too cuz 2 of our starters couldn't make it today. I almost didn't make it cuz of a testing that was going on today, but come 4pm and they still couldn't get the tool to work, my boss sent me back to the office and agreed to let me off early to play softball. But the 1 girl was definitely a hottie. Well...cute. Her eyes though...they were so nice. I didn't see them before cuz she was wearing glasses, but once she took them off...it was like...wow!
Needless to say...we went on to win like 15-0 against the CoilTool team. This year we are known as Blue Steel. I think I like last years' team name better...the Authorities. But nevertheless...I don't care what name we are as long as we do good and get back to that final and hopefully win it all.
I thought I did pretty good today. I was 2 for 2...a single and a double. Nothing spectacular, but nevertheless contributing to the team in a positive way.
Look out for Week 3. That's when we play the defending champs...a team we have been able to beat in the regular season, but not able to in the playoffs. Win or lose...it should be a great game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home