What You Do In Life, Echoes In Eternity

Saturday, October 28, 2017

It Takes Two To Tango

I'm sure there's a reason why blind dates aren't so popular. For some strange reason, I love the thrill and excitement of it. And I was not disappointed at all Friday night when I met C for the first time.
So how did we get to this point?!
Well, out of the blue, my cousin texts me and tells me she wants to introduce me to one of her co-workers. She sent a couple of fuzzy photos. I was willing to have some fun and take a chance and just see where it goes. I always enjoy meeting new people, so why not, right?! So I accepted and texted C. She was willing to meet up, so we made it happen Friday night.
So we met up at Sugar Refinery, had a drink, and then proceed to Guru's for dinner. After dinner, we tried to get into Bar Louie to catch the Astros game but it was completely packed. We walked over to Gorilla Greg's but it had closed its doors. So we walked over to La Madeleine's for a bite of dessert and good conversations.
First impression...wow...she's cute! I hit the jackpot with this blind date thing. Holy crap! As the night went on, my take from her is that she's relatively a quiet person. Not shy. Just quiet. She didn't ask about me much as I did about her. Not sure if she's interested in me or just wanted to be out of the house and have some company. But it's all good. I'm still in awww that she showed up with an Astros shirt on. I complimented throughout the evening and continued to do so today. I'm more than impressed!
I do feel she likes me from our first meeting. I can see myself putting her on a pedestal as I usually do and getting myself in trouble. I will try my hardest to keep myself from being hurt again. But I fear this one thing about her will get the best of me. She doesn't want to have kids. I know in my heart I'm not ok with that. I want to eventually have kids. I would never disrespect her wishes not to have kids. Obviously it's my problem, not hers. I'm not sure how far I can be in this without leading her on. So if it isn't religion, than it's this. I can't win...
I think we would look great as a couple. So terrible that I would trouble my thoughts over her not wanting kids. But I'm positive that's a deal breaker for me. And it's breaking my heart...already! :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home