What You Do In Life, Echoes In Eternity

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Apparent Lies

Isn't it funny how a friend can blatantly lie to you in front of your face? And isn't it funny how they think you don't know any better?

So I have a friend who I've noticed been telling a bunch of lies lately. Perhaps they're only white lies cuz it's not hurting anybody. The lies are apparently only to boost the person's pride, self esteem, and importance in this world. The person loves to share stories of the perks they get when they're out on the town. Free this, free that. Meals comped here, meals comped there. Always being taken care of everywhere they go. But I know this is far from truth cuz I've been out with this person on multiple occasions and they always seem to be getting into trouble more so than making a good impression on others and the staff that they'd be taken care of in future visits. And if this person is so being taken care of, how come they're not inviting friends, such as myself, out on the town with them? The perks always seem to come when we're not around. No matter. Again, the lies aren't hurting anyone. But it's starting to become annoying to me now that I'm starting to see the lies. It's making it more difficult for me to hang out with this person, so I've actually been trying to keep my distance. But really I have no choice in that matter cuz I've been working so much anyways. Work has kind of been a great excuse for me not to hang out with those I don't want to hang out with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home