What You Do In Life, Echoes In Eternity

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I Tried, But Now Can't Try No More

All I needed was an opportunity. I finally got it today when I rounded the corner and saw her walking my direction. I stopped and nervously started talking to her. I introduced myself as did she. She said she was an intern and that she'd be leaving tomorrow. I told her I wanted to take her out, but guess that wasn't going to happen. We quickly went our own way.

I decided to IM her and asked her out for lunch but she said she couldn't because she had a presentation to do and also had a group lunch. So I decided to put the ball in her court and asked her if there would be a time where we can get together, but she basically turned me down. At this point, I had to stop trying otherwise it could turn into something bad...legally.

For more than a week I could not stop thinking about this girl. All I wanted was a chance to meet her. Nobody seems to really know her so I had no in. I would have to do it myself. Then I got that opportunity only for it to lead to quite a disappointment. Now I can't help thinking what if I just had kept on walking. But I know it would have eaten away at me. But with the results of what happened, I almost wished I hadn't said anything. Because either way, it's eating me up inside. I can't believe that I couldn't seal the deal with this girl. She is so cute. Her quiet demeaner is really what attracted me.

I don't know what I would do if our paths should meet again. Do I just keep on walking this time? Perhaps just stick to smiling and keeping my mouth shut? Certainly I don't want to humiliate myself and set myself up for another disappointment. I don't know. I totally could have seen myself with her. It's been a long time since I've let a girl do this to me at work. I almost vowed not to ever hook up with a girl from work after my last encounter, but for whatever reason, I felt this one was completely worth it.

I guess I'm glad I did stop to talk to her. I might have had more sleepness nights.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home