What You Do In Life, Echoes In Eternity

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Life Beating Me Down

Just as I'm out having fun with the fellas tonight, life always has a way of beating me down. I knew I shouldn't have answered that text message tonight. But I did. And I paid for it.

Tonight I was enjoying the UH vs. Rice baseball game when I received a text from a number I did not recognize. Given that I lost my phone book a while back, I didn't think much of who it might be, but I had my suspicion. So when I got home from the game I replied back only to learn it was who I was afraid it would be. It was C to inform me about her wedding. What a bummer! Not what I wanted to know, but I knew it was coming. Only thing is that I've been trying to keep her in my past but somehow she just keeps coming back. It's like the world enjoys me being in the friendzone. And if it's one person that kept me there, she was definitely one of them. I do genuinely wish her well, but I also know how much she dicked me over so it's really in my best interest not to be involved with her in any sort of way.

But it is what it is. I have no plans to attend her wedding. But I will still send a gift just cuz I'm a nice guy like that.

Before this, the evening couldn't be any more perfect for this baseball game between UH and Rice. Rain in the forecast for all week but today mother nature made an exception and drove away the clouds and rain for us to enjoy this game. UH's bats were screaming today! They put up 10 runs with 2 homers before it got too late and we had to leave. And just after arriving home, here comes the rain! Wow!

In attendance was me, John, Henry, and Donny. Josh was also there and came down to chill with us for a bit.

Even having to return to work after the game was better than me having regained contact again with C. Just un-freakin-believable!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home