What You Do In Life, Echoes In Eternity

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Giving Is Receiving

Today we had our dept. Xmas luncheon. We were asked to bring an unwrapped gift to donate. The other day I went out to buy a few gifts to donate. I guess my good deed didn't go unnotice cuz during a drawing, my number was pulled and I won a $50 gift card. Someone made the joke that I won it cuz I donated so many gifts. Well...that certainly was not my intention. I wanted to donate those gifts. I had already plan on doing so even before this luncheon. I just saved it for this occasion.
But the best part was after winning, Henry won the very next round. Then it was Josh and then Gabe. It was like a UH surge...hahaha. We were representin for sure.
The luncheon was good. I needed the break.
But the giving didn't stop there. Shortly when I got back to the office and sat down, my manager called me into her office. There I recieved a "Great Job" award certificate to get on-line and select a prize. The price will most likely be valued around $200. I was really surprised to have receive this award.
O...but it didn't even stop there. Later that afternoon as Carlos and I were meeting with a vendor, we both received a package from CDW. We had no idea what it was and when I opened my package...it was a huge tin can of cookies. It must have came from Nadene. She is a sweetheart....an absolute sweetheart! I will have to call her tomorrow to thank you.
I guess a little does go a long way. But I sure did not donate those gifts expecting anything in return....let's get that clear!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home