What You Do In Life, Echoes In Eternity

Sunday, October 28, 2007

JDRF

I didn't want to wake up this morning but I had to. I had committed to doing the JDRF run/walk and was going to stick with it. I usually run the event but this year I decided to walk it instead. I've just been so tired lately. I have been feeling completely lost ever since coming back from Paris.
Anyhow...it was a cold morning today. I decided not to dress so warm cuz I knew it would warm up by the time the walk starts. Well...I was stuck in the cold for some time and I think that messed me up. I came home all stuffed and with a running nose. It eventually went away, but I was really tired afterwards and even feel asleep watching the Chargers play...which doesn't happen cuz I love watching LT run the hell out of the Texans.
But the one thing I wanted to talk about was how I ran into a certain person at the race. He was there volunteering. I went up to say hello and all he could talk about was how him and his friends got wasted last night and how he had only 30 mins of sleep before showing up to volunteer. What an ass!
"How freakin old are you that you are still talking about getting wasted?"
Newsflash...we are not in college anymore.
Then he goes on talking about how this girl was so wasted that she puked all over the place. Sort of like he was bragging about something...but I don't know what. This was not even a conversation to me. I just let it be...nodded my head as if I was amused and pretended as if I cared.
Geez...when will these ppl grow up? It's no wonder why we're not good friends. My gosh...how far have I growned up compared to these ppl? It's like light years ahead.
Well, the walk was great. I felt really good afterwards and it reminded me of when I went jogging on a regular basis. These days...I just don't seem to have time for anything anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home