What You Do In Life, Echoes In Eternity

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

The Best Christmas Gift EVER!

It must have been around 3pm on Xmas eve day when a package arrived for me. I was still expecting a couple of gifts to arrive this day, but one of the packages I received during this delivery was one totally unexpected.
It came in a large brown folder size envelope. I was puzzled until I viewed the package more closely. And when I saw that it came from France, I knew exactly who it was from. I was literally jumping for joy and couldn't wait to open the letter. So I did. I pulled out a big blue folder and opened it. In there was the biggest Christmas card letter I had ever received!
On the cover was a drawing of me with my four cousins that one of my cousin drew. She is such a great artist! I was just opening the card to see its inside when I stopped myself.
"NO!"...I said. "I am going to save this for tonight and open it with my other one present I will be receiving". So back in the envelope it went.
It was so hard to put that card back in the envelope, but I had to. I wanted it to be one of my Christmas gifts to open. I'm glad I did. That night as I saved my best gift for last, alas the moment came to open the card and read its contents.
It was the most special thing ever! There was a personalized message from each of the girls wishing me Merry Christmas and a Happy New Years.
I was smiling and jumping for joy on the outside, but crying my ass off on the inside cuz I had missed them all so much.
I've never received such a personalized gift to this magnitude before in my life. The card means so much to me. I will find a nice place to put it soon. Maybe over my bed...hahaha...as one of them suggested to me.
I called them to thank you for the gift today. I was so happy to hear their voices again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home